[SOLVED] Is my power supply causing my HDD to run slower?

eleazar.duzon

Prominent
Apr 18, 2018
OK, I'm not sure how this could happen, but I would explain my situation and how I got it this theory.

First, let's talk about my set up. I have an A10-7700 CPU with and FM2 motherboard from gigabyte (not sure what specific model). I have a Seagate 1TB 5400rpm, two 4gb DDR3 ram, A GTX 1060, all being powered by a Deepcool 500watt PSU.

The problem : Although it is not consistent, there are days where in my HDD runs slow and takes about 10 minutes to boot and a few more to start up everything (steam, discord, and some of the default start up software like realtek). When this happens any action such us opening programs or even just pressing right click on the desktop takes at least a minute to do. After what seems to be a random of minutes. The PC sometimes bluescreens. This happens even when I'm not doing anything with it, but would happen definitely if I do endless missions in the game "Warframe".

Solutions I've tried :
1) I have 3 SATA cables that I switch between and sometimes they work for a few days, before I start experiencing problems again.
2) I've also purged the power by turning of the PSU and holding the power button. This sometimes works too.
3) I've tried switching to different SATA slots on the motherboard, but other slots either could not recognize my drive or causes windows repair to initiate. Only one slot kinda works.
4) I've also tried plugging a different PSU cable to it, but so far the HDD only works on one specific SATA connection. It doesn't even work on the other SATA connector in the same cable line. The cable it is attached to is not connected to anything else.

Sorry for the long read and I am thankful for any responses.

Solution
best thing to do is run HDD diagnostics to see if any errors come up. other then that you have a weak CPU, a low amount of ram, and a HDD with low RPM's so if the diagnostics check out then i would backup any important data and perform a clean install of your OS
best thing to do is run HDD diagnostics to see if any errors come up. other then that you have a weak CPU, a low amount of ram, and a HDD with low RPM's so if the diagnostics check out then i would backup any important data and perform a clean install of your OS

Solution