Question Is my Power Supply Failing

Apr 7, 2020
Hey guys,
I've had my PC for about 3 years and I'm starting to notice that the system will shutdown specifically when I open the game Dead by Daylight. I looked it up and some other people had a similar issue but didn't figure it out. The shutdown occurs at the menu screen because there is uncapped FPS, so I'm guessing my system tries to ramp up and get the power going and then dies.
The reason for the shutdown is Kernel Power error 41, and I googled around and some people say it's definitely a Power Supply issue, other people say it could be anything. I monitored the CPU and GPU temperatures while opening the game and nothing looks out of the ordinary. I have liquid cooling for my CPU so I doubt that's the issue.
Now when I bought my PC i purchased a 750W gold certified power supply.
https://www.newegg.com/thermaltake-...cgus-1/p/N82E16817153198?Item=N82E16817153198
That's the one. I'm just skeptical that the PSU is failing because the Wattage is high and it's certified to a decent level. Is this a bad conclusion to come to?
Have other peoples power supplies failed? What were the specs, and how long did it last?
Is there a way to tell if it's failing?

What are your FULL hardware specifications including ALL model numbers?

How old is that PSU, meaning, how LONG has it been in service?

Have you done a clean install of the GPU drivers after using the DDU to remove the existing ones?

DO you have the MOST recent motherboard BIOS version installed?

Do you have the most recent motherboard chipset drivers installed?

These are all questions that are likely relevant to your issue. Do you have this issue with ANY other games, or just that one?