[SOLVED] Is my power supply good enough

brydenmacnish

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
Hi
I have recently preordered an ASUS STRIX RTX 3080 OC and I just need some clarification on power consumption.
The cpu that I'm using is an i9 9900k overclocked to 4.7ghz and I have 32gb of ram at 3200mhz.
The power supply that I have is a Corsair 750w platinum rated psu and I just don't know if that'll be enough power for the entire system.
I saw that ASUS recommended an 850w psu for that specific card but I've seen videos on Youtube saying 750w will be fine.
Thanks for reading.

Solution
Hi
I have recently preordered an ASUS STRIX RTX 3080 OC and I just need some clarification on power consumption.
The cpu that I'm using is an i9 9900k overclocked to 4.7ghz and I have 32gb of ram at 3200mhz.
The power supply that I have is a Corsair 750w platinum rated psu and I just don't know if that'll be enough power for the entire system.
I saw that ASUS recommended an 850w psu for that specific card but I've seen videos on Youtube saying 750w will be fine.
Thanks for reading.
Something to keep in mind. While most of the 3080's use two PCIe power cables, the Strix OC uses three to give even more power to the video card for the OC model. That's probably why they recommend an 850 watt PSU. Also, you have a CPU that can really...

dimtodim

Reputable
Hi
I have recently preordered an ASUS RTX 3080 OC and I just need some clarification on power consumption.
Thanks for reading.
go on https://pcpartpicker.com/ select all stuff what u have and u will see voltage multiply that number with 1,6 or 1,7 and u will get optimal psu for your system

brydenmacnish

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
The website is estimating that my system will be using around 570w of power with the stuff that I have and the new gpu.
So hopefully they're right with their estimates.
Thanks for that

Hi
Thanks for reading.
Something to keep in mind. While most of the 3080's use two PCIe power cables, the Strix OC uses three to give even more power to the video card for the OC model. That's probably why they recommend an 850 watt PSU. Also, you have a CPU that can really use some power when all those cores ramp up during gaming.

Asus Strix OC uses 3 PCIe cables-
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/LR...g-oc-video-card-rog-strix-rtx3080-o10g-gaming

9900k power consumption-
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i9-9900k-9th-gen-cpu,5847-11.html

Solution