Question Is my power supply not giving enough power to sata?

Dec 5, 2019
Hello,
I just today purchased the 850w EVGA supernova pq. I installed everything correctly and added some asiahorse cable extensions to make it look clean. I go to turn my pc on and my rgb fans, connected by the Corsair hub, are running but not lighting up. My H115i wouldn’t turn on but eventually got it running. Lastly, my ssd and hdd or not found in my bios. I boot into bios every time and cannot boot into windows. The H115i runs on all Sata cables I use. When I plug a specific sata cable from my old PSU into my Corsair hub, the rgb turns on but only on red. What the hell is going on? Is this power supply not giving me enough juice? Or did it fry my components?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Please list your full system specs.

To summarize, your RGB fans are not illuminating, but are connected to the hub, which (in theory anyway) is being powered by SATA?

It shouldn't be a case of the PSU not providing enough 'juice'. Theoretically, it's possible - any component can be defective out of the box, but I'd expect bigger issues than strictly SATA.

Dec 5, 2019
Msi MAG Z390 Tomahawk
i7-9700k
H115i
850w EVGA Supernova PQ
Asus ROG Strix 2080 Super
2x 8gb DDR4 3200mghz TridentZ RGB

Corect. The fans are powered by the mobo, but the rgb is powered by the Corsair hub, which is a SATA powered device. I can o lot get them to glow red when using a specific cable.
In addition, I cannot feel/hear any whirring of the HDD and SSD. They appear to not be getting power.

Dec 5, 2019
Msi MAG Z390 Tomahawk
i7-9700k
H115i
850w EVGA Supernova PQ
Asus ROG Strix 2080 Super
2x 8gb DDR4 3200mghz TridentZ RGB

Corect. The fans are powered by the mobo, but the rgb is powered by the Corsair hub, which is a SATA powered device. I can o lot get them to glow red when using a specific cable.
In addition, I cannot feel/hear any whirring of the HDD and SSD. They appear to not be getting power.
“I can only get them to glow red”

TRENDING THREADS