[SOLVED] Is my power supply proprietary?

Jun 25, 2020
Im new to PC building, I bought a refurbished HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Tower (not sff) and I need to know if the power supply is proprietary because I want to be able to swap it out for a more powerful PSU to run a good graphics card. I've gone through multiple websites and they all talk about the SFF model, not the "big" tower. Thanks in advance!

From what I can find is that although it is a standard ATX form factor HP uses a proprietary 6 pin motherboard power connector instead of the standard 24 pin meaning a standard ATX PSU will not work. To my knowledge there are no converters or adapters available and the only way you could upgrade it would be to find a higher wattage genuine HP power supply that is compatible.

Jun 25, 2020
From what I can find is that although it is a standard ATX form factor HP uses a proprietary 6 pin motherboard power connector instead of the standard 24 pin meaning a standard ATX PSU will not work. To my knowledge there are no converters or adapters available and the only way you could upgrade it would be to find a higher wattage genuine HP power supply that is compatible.
I googled this adapter, this wouldn’t work?

https://www.newegg.com/p/2S7-04W5-002B1?item=9SIAE87AU69693&source=googleshopping&nm_mc=knc-googlemkp-mobile&cm_mmc=knc-googlemkp-mobile-_-pla-dwm-_-gadgets-_-9SIAE87AU69693&gclid=CjwKCAjwltH3BRB6EiwAhj0IUAUc-k7zGVbWv7p8IHwyu2FEPYa2JfSnRcMq2MQ-iJVx3fI4Qy_tzhoCQXwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS