[SOLVED] Is my power supply proprietary?

Jun 25, 2020
Im new to PC building, I bought a refurbished HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Tower (not sff) and I need to know if the power supply is proprietary because I want to be able to swap it out for a more powerful PSU to run a good graphics card. I've gone through multiple websites and they all talk about the SFF model, not the "big" tower. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Yes. Your PSU is horribly proprietary. Not only does it not have the correct ATX connectors, but the output is +12V only with not +3.3V, +5V or +5VSB.
From what I can find is that although it is a standard ATX form factor HP uses a proprietary 6 pin motherboard power connector instead of the standard 24 pin meaning a standard ATX PSU will not work. To my knowledge there are no converters or adapters available and the only way you could upgrade it would be to find a higher wattage genuine HP power supply that is compatible.

Jun 25, 2020
From what I can find is that although it is a standard ATX form factor HP uses a proprietary 6 pin motherboard power connector instead of the standard 24 pin meaning a standard ATX PSU will not work. To my knowledge there are no converters or adapters available and the only way you could upgrade it would be to find a higher wattage genuine HP power supply that is compatible.
I googled this adapter, this wouldn’t work?

https://www.newegg.com/p/2S7-04W5-0...q2MQ-iJVx3fI4Qy_tzhoCQXwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

TRENDING THREADS