Is my power supply sufficient for my graphic card?

xiarik

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
i have an asus gtx 580 directcu ii, an intel dp55kg mobo with an i5-750 on it, i have two corsair vengeance 4 gb rams and my smps is the corsair gs 700.......after assembling my pc with these parts when i tried to turn it on i got no display on the monitor but a beeping noise coming from the computer....after a while of figuring out what to do i replaced the asus gpu with my old ati radeon hd 5450 and, it worked, the monitor came on and no beeping noise....so cud it b that my graphic card is faulty(its new) or is my power supply insufficient ? there r no available means to check my power consumption where i live and getting any from anywhere else will b difficult....please help.

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Did you make this connection? "Dual 8pin Power Connector is required for the best performance"?

That PSU is more than enough. You may just for grins put the GTX 580 back in and see if it works now. Who knows maybe a cable was loose or something wasn't seated correctly. At least now you know the PC is working so try the card again. Also make sure the 6 pin and 8 pin PCIE power cables are plugged in to the GTX 580(been there before myself when I forgot to connect one).

xiarik

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
thanks a bunch i didn't know that,..the guys at the service center r ready to give me a replacement all i have to do is get a copy of the receipt from the place i bought it because the original one is lost.

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Thumbs up. :)