[SOLVED] Is my prebuilt good/compatible?

May 7, 2022
I am gonna buy a pc and sell my old one, the only thing im gonna keep is the 2x8gb ram from the previous pc. This is what i will buy, except the 1070 TI everything is new. I already bough the 1070 ti, im waiting for the shipping yet. Is everything compatible? I've ridden that maybe the motherboard don't let you use the m2 slot cause it's not 11th gen cpu

Last edited:
Solution
The restrictions on m.2 devices and 11th gen processors generally apply to running a pcie 4.0 device at 4.0 speeds.
You are good there.

Intel is very tolerant of ram, most any DDR4 ram is going to work just fine on any intel ddr4 motherboard.
You are ok there.

That said, if you are buying new, why not buy current tech?
11th gen processors are some 19% faster, clock for clock than 10th and 12th gen are similarly faster.
I know this is some sort of a pre built, but, I think you can do better.
For example, the I3-12100F is likely cheaper, and it is some 50% faster in single thread performance which is what games want.

You would need a lga 1700 motherboard which are relatively cheap in the MATX size.

The H410/H610 motherboards are...
May 7, 2022
Have you deliberately rejected the 11400 F processor?

It is compatible with your motherboard;

Note the Passmark benchmark performance difference below.

38% all threads; 17% single thread.

Price difference at Amazon is $26.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-10400F+@+2.90GHz&id=3767

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-11400F+@+2.60GHz&id=4226

Did you choose your RAM from the qualified memory list at the Gigabyte web site? Or for some other reason?
Ok, that cpu is good too. But in videos seems that i doesn't work as fast the 10400. I didn't choose the ram, i own it. So i think it's a good pc, in the future i can easily replace the 1070 ti for something better, i bought the 1070 ti for 210 shipping included, it's the aero model but well, 1660 ti doesn't even have the same fps and it's easily 300, maybe 250 being patient. It has 2 m2 slots, by the way, i have a internet device for the motherboard too, to put it there.

What about
Gigabyte H410M S2H V3?? That has only 1 m2 slot but it works in i5 10400F

Last edited:
The restrictions on m.2 devices and 11th gen processors generally apply to running a pcie 4.0 device at 4.0 speeds.
You are good there.

Intel is very tolerant of ram, most any DDR4 ram is going to work just fine on any intel ddr4 motherboard.
You are ok there.

11th gen processors are some 19% faster, clock for clock than 10th and 12th gen are similarly faster.
For example, the I3-12100F is likely cheaper, and it is some 50% faster in single thread performance which is what games want.

You would need a lga 1700 motherboard which are relatively cheap in the MATX size.

The H410/H610 motherboards are stripped down units. Buy one only if under severe budget constraints, and then only for lower powered processors.
A lga1700 B660 motherboard should be reasonably priced.

1070ti is an appropriate card.

Reactions: KyaraM
Solution
May 7, 2022
You are good there.

You are ok there.

The H410/H610 motherboards are stripped down units. Buy one only if under severe budget constraints, and then only for lower powered processors.
A lga1700 B660 motherboard should be reasonably priced.

1070ti is an appropriate card.
I don't know dude, i was going crazy checking it before, everything seems incompatible some way, i was thinking in just upgrading my old pc, but it's not worth it, you only save up 170 euros and you still have old components, it's not a good deal (i count selling my old pc if i create a total new pc, instead of improving the old pc where i could only sell my gtx 1050 ti. that's why i only saave up 170 euros, but it's like this).

More or less, i want these components right now:

RAM 2X8 DD4 3200HZ

I5 10400F NEEDS GPU 11th GEN

1070 TI AERO NEEDS 1X8 PINS

MSI H410M Pro 2 slots ram 1 m2 slot

650 watts seasonic g12

thermal paste arctic for 1070 ti

Nox Hummer MC Pro ARGB USB 3.0 white

KyaraM

Admirable
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LRHBqm
That's what I would do if you want to stick with Intel RAM specs and using as much as your chosen hardware as possible. Maybe downgrade to the 12100F if too expensive. Ignore GPU, it's just there to appease the pucker. Yes, it will work together. Where are you ordering?

Btw, I would run that 1070Ti first and then repaste only if temps are bad. But considering that my old 1070 still runs perfectlyat 70°C under bad conditions after all these years without repasting...

Reactions: Why_Me
May 7, 2022
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LRHBqm
That's what I would do if you want to stick with Intel RAM specs and using as much as your chosen hardware as possible. Maybe downgrade to the 12100F if too expensive. Ignore GPU, it's just there to appease the pucker. Yes, it will work together. Where are you ordering?

Btw, I would run that 1070Ti first and then repaste only if temps are bad. But considering that my old 1070 still runs perfectlyat 70°C under bad conditions after all these years without repasting...
The motherboard is not compatible