Question Is my problem a hardware issue or WIFI issue?

fretman

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
Hi,

Hoping someone here can give me some direction or let me know if my issue is hardware or WIFI related. I currently have an internet package which allows for a speed of up to 200mbps. When I run a speed test with my phone or laptop, I get very close to this speed. But when I run the same speed test with my I-pad in the same location, I only get around 30mbps. The speed starts at around 180mbps but then drops significantly until it finishes at around 30mbps. For my phone and laptop, the speed starts high and maintains that same level until the end of the test. However, if I take my I-pad right next to my router, the speed starts high and maintains that level until the end of the test. I tried changing channels on my router thinking there was interference with my neighbors but that didn't make a difference. The strange thing is that I was always able to get high speeds on my I-pad until a few months ago. I do know that there are more 5G WIFI networks around my area now.

Hoping to get some direction as to where I can investigate further. Thanks for you help.