[SOLVED] Is my problem the Bios version, or I've built my computer wrong?

May 8, 2020
My build:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B360M Aorus Gaming 3
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700F
RAM: 1 stick, HyperX Fury, 16GB
Graphics: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
SSD: Kingston A400, 480GB
Power supply: EVGA 650W
120mm fan
Hi,
So this is the first time I've built a PC. I work in the tech industry, but I'm awful with hardware, so I had my reservations from the start.
Once everything was in place, I've turned on; all the lights blinked, all the fans turned, but nothing on the screen. Also, the VGA led keeps blinking.
I went through all items in this list "https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1575220/" , but still nothing.
So after searching here, I've found out that even though my CPU is listed as supported in the Motherboard, it isn't from the factory, and I need to update the BIOS.
This Motherboard has a utility called q-flash that lets me updated the bios without having to boot the OS. Still, every video I found of someone updating the bios, the person can get 'something' on the screen, and I can't get anything!
After more digging around, I've discovered that my processor doesn't have video output, so I need to use the graphic cards, but still, nothing. I've found videos on youtube of people with the same Motherboard that I have but with different CPU (but still 9th gen). A guy on youtube suggested that My power supply wasn't strong enough. All power supply simulators that I've found say that 600w should be more than enough, But I do think that the fans are turning really slow, but as I've never had a pc, I have no way to know.

So, what are my options here? Should I be able to get something on the screen even though my Motherboard does not support my CPU without a Bios Update? Do I need a better PSU?

Anything helps guys. I've built this pc to have something to do in the quarantine, and the thing I'm mostly doing now it's feeling dumb.

Solution
My build:
120mm fan
Hi,
So this is the first time I've built a PC. I work in the tech industry, but I'm awful with hardware, so I had my reservations from the start.
Once everything was in place, I've turned on; all the lights blinked, all the fans turned, but nothing on the screen. Also, the VGA led keeps blinking.
I went through all items in this list "https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1575220/" , but still nothing.
So after searching here, I've found out...
Make sure the monitor plugged into GPU and PCIe power plugged in.

If that doesn't work, you need a bios update.

That board does not support bios updating without a supported 8th gen CPU. You will not get any picture untill the BIOS is updated, if that's the issue.

kanewolf

Titan
My build:
120mm fan
Hi,
So after searching here, I've found out that even though my CPU is listed as supported in the Motherboard, it isn't from the factory, and I need to update the BIOS.
This Motherboard has a utility called q-flash that lets me updated the bios without having to boot the OS. Still, every video I found of someone updating the bios, the person can get 'something' on the screen, and I can't get anything!
After more digging around, I've discovered that my processor doesn't have video output, so I need to use the graphic cards, but still, nothing. I've found videos on youtube of people with the same Motherboard that I have but with different CPU (but still 9th gen). A guy on youtube suggested that My power supply wasn't strong enough. All power supply simulators that I've found say that 600w should be more than enough, But I do think that the fans are turning really slow, but as I've never had a pc, I have no way to know.

So, what are my options here? Should I be able to get something on the screen even though my Motherboard does not support my CPU without a Bios Update? Do I need a better PSU?

Anything helps guys. I've built this pc to have something to do in the quarantine, and the thing I'm mostly doing now it's feeling dumb.
The support page for that motherboard says your 9700F CPU requires an F12 or newer BIOS -- https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B360M-AORUS-GAMING-3-rev-10/support#support-cpu
That BIOS was released a year ago. It is possible, but unlikely that the BIOS version is your problem.

Solution