[SOLVED] Is my Psu and Watts enough for an rtx 2060

Feb 20, 2020
Im looking to buy an rtx 2060 to replace my 1050 ti. I have an alienware r7 model and an ac adapter as my psu. It is 460 watts and im wondering if this is enough to support the rtx 2060 or I will have to spend more money on another psu.

If I have to upgrade my psu, what is the most affordable yet high quality psu I could purchase.

Cheers!

Solution
I bet this is the PSU model you have:

Aurora R7 460W PSU Specs

Now this has no efficiency rating(not even the 80+), that's pretty bad. Also on the 12V rails (the 3 of them combined) you'll have a max power output of 385W... that's quite low considering modern hardware is mainly using this rail(motherboard, cpu, gpu, storage devices) to get all of its juice.

The PSU is made by delta so this would be its only redeeming quality(they usually make solid PSUs for dell prebuilts). Though having no 80+ certification and a pretty low power output on the 12V rail are signs of a cheaply made unit.

From this thread on dell's forums: Thread
it seems like an atx PSU would fit.
My recommendation would be to go ahead and...

Aurora R7 460W PSU Specs

Now this has no efficiency rating(not even the 80+), that's pretty bad. Also on the 12V rails (the 3 of them combined) you'll have a max power output of 385W... that's quite low considering modern hardware is mainly using this rail(motherboard, cpu, gpu, storage devices) to get all of its juice.

The PSU is made by delta so this would be its only redeeming quality(they usually make solid PSUs for dell prebuilts). Though having no 80+ certification and a pretty low power output on the 12V rail are signs of a cheaply made unit.

My recommendation would be to go ahead and change it to something better for that RTX 2060.

A great choice would be the Corsair CX550M or CX650M(more headroom).

Last edited:
Solution
Feb 20, 2020

Aurora R7 460W PSU Specs

My recommendation would be to go ahead and change it to something better for that RTX 2060.

A great choice would be the Corsair CX550M or CX650M(more headroom).
thank you! It looks like im getting a psu before I even get my gpu

TRENDING THREADS