Question Is my PSU at fault for causing deadlocks/freezes on a new PC?

Oct 2, 2022
Hello, ever since I built my new pc (it's been a couple of weeks) it deadlocks randomly. When that happens, nothing is responding and I have to hold the power button to restart.

My parts are:
CPU - intel i5-12400f
GPU - AMD RX 6600
MBO - Gigabyte b660m gaming x ax ddr4
RAM - Teamgroup tforce vulcan z
PSU - EVGA g5 650 watt

I reinstalled windows 10 and freezes still happened. Even before updating all the drivers, even after updating them, bios as well, the freezes happen constantly. Therefore, it leads me to think that it's a hardware issue. I changed PSU cable and it fixed it for 1 week but now issue came back. I ran diagnostics for ram, ssd, everything seemed fine. Benchmarks are fine.

Some observations that I have made:
  1. PSU has quite an audible coil whine. It gets worse whenever I move or drag my mouse.
  2. When pc freezes, coil whine becomes quieter, mouse doesn't cause any more coil whine.
  3. When pc freezes, led indicator on motherboard and case for ssd activity stops working, so it doesn't light up.
  4. When plugging power cable in psu, all the cables that I tried make a weird buzzing/electric noise. If I don't plug it all the way and just hold the cable in a certain position, the buzzing gets worse and it even turned off my TV, which was in the same outlet.
All of this point me to think that PSU is at fault. Is there a way to test and confirm that it's really PSU and not something else? I don't have spare parts to test everything one by one. I also don't have warranty on any of the items besides cpu. Everything is new but I bought it abroad and can't ship it out.

Oct 2, 2022
I don't know if it is grounded, but I never had any similar problems with any other tech, so it should be? Is there a way to find out? I don't have testers though.
BIOS is up to date.