Question Is my PSU bad? Should I replace?

Jul 2, 2022
Hey!
I got a new PC,
  • Asus Prime B450M-A
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3500X
  • 16GB Corsair 3000MHz DDR4
  • MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8GB GDDR6
  • 1TB Crucial M.2 NVMe SSD
  • Kolink Void
  • FSP Hyper M700 700W
I read that, my PSU in the "E" tier. Is this psu bad?
I have a Gigabyte P650B, should I replace it?
Whats your opinion about both PSU?
Should I play with my FSP psu until I buy a new one?
(I am planning to buy a new one, just need like 2 weeks)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have a Gigabyte P650B,
I'd avoid anything Gigabyte make that isn't their cream of the crop lineup of units, after what Steve on GamersNexus showcased with that very lineup of PSU's from Gigabyte.

If possible, try looking into MSI's A650GF unit to power the build listed in your specs/thread.

Jul 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have a Gigabyte P650B,
I'd avoid anything Gigabyte make that isn't their cream of the crop lineup of units, after what Steve on GamersNexus showcased with that very lineup of PSU's from Gigabyte.

If possible, try looking into MSI's A650GF unit to power the build listed in your specs/thread.

Okay, I will buy a new one, but I don't have the money yet. Should I use my FSP or my Gigabyte PSU for one or two weeks, until I can afford the new one?

Ok.. I personally Opened many mammy PSUs.. Gigabyte GB650 is one of them..

Its design is close to Corsair VS650..
As it promises Japanese Capacitor on box.. it's totally crap.. Gigabyte only put 1 Bulk cap from Japanese brand Nichicon.. bhile crucial Output side Caps are Trash.. even not as. Good as Teapo, Capxon Caps.

By my treats I can say This Gigabyte PSU will not expolde by its own. but it will kill your PC hardware.
I blew my Gigabyte H110M-DS2 board with 6700XT (i was Testing that card)..
Its Voltage is too Unstable.. 12.9 volts When minor rails are loaded . And 11.4 volts when Only 12v is loaded..
In short Crap.. don't use this PSU..
I can suggest you to go with..
Cheapest yet good one.. Coolermaster MWE 650v2 Bronze.. Very Good PSU.. Very good voltage regulations.. Caps are fine for its price . And modern resonance half Bridge LLC Converter.. and DC-DC converters..
So it's Voltage stability is good .

My suggestion is to go with.. Minimum

-Coolermaster MWE 650 Gold V2 Fully modular
-Corsair CX650M RGB 80+ Bronze