[SOLVED] Is my PSU bad?

Jan 10, 2022
I recently built my first pc. After a few days of running just fine with not crashes, my pc began to randomly shut off. After shutting off it would try to start back up again, sometimes succeeding and sometimes shutting right back off and trying again. It’s not at the point where I’ll turn it on for 5 min and it’ll shut off and keep trying to power on. I booted into Bios, safemode, and it shuts off in those too. Based on that I think I can rule out my graphics card, ram, cpu, and motherboard so I think I’ve narrowed it down to the psu.

Jan 10, 2022
I recently built my first pc. After a few days of running just fine with not crashes, my pc began to randomly shut off. After shutting off it would try to start back up again, sometimes succeeding and sometimes shutting right back off and trying again. It’s not at the point where I’ll turn it on for 5 min and it’ll shut off and keep trying to power on. I booted into Bios, safemode, and it shuts off in those too. Based on that I think I can rule out my graphics card, ram, cpu, and motherboard so I think I’ve narrowed it down to the psu.
Also when I say that it shuts right back off I mean it’ll start to power on and then shut off again before the anything even pops up on my screen

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
it may be a motherboard issue
i had exactly same issue then it just got worse wich leaded to the death of my motherb and psu don't play with you're pc take it to a repair shop who can test every component