is my psu broke?

Ruud vd Linden

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
hi,

Yesterday I installed my new psu: XFX pro550W. Along with it I installed a new gpu: MSI GTX 660 2gb OC. When I started it up, everything was fine. I played some games, no big deal. After that I made a back up of my pc.
Now, the next day, my pc wont turn on anymore. The switch is on, the power does work, and everythings is connected.
When I plug in my old psu, it works. I also did the paperclip test, old one works, new one doesn't.

It seems like the new one is dead, but I find that pretty weird since it lasted for a couple of hours only??
Does anyone have some extra info on this, or am I doing something wrong?

PS. the mobo supports the psu and gpu.

Ruud vd Linden

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

So nothing is wrong with my system. I wont enjoy a 2nd new psu that breaks after 1 day.

Scremin34Egl

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

Yes, if you tested it with your old psu and it worked then their shouldn't be anything wrong with your system and the problem is with your new psu. As I said, that unit is pretty solid and you must have gotten a bad unit. You could get it swapped out or just ask for a refund and get another psu. Are you sure it never get hit by lightning?.

Ruud vd Linden

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

the only power that went through that thing is the power from the power cable... I guess I'll get myself a new one :(