Question Is my psu dead

sheepy6754

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
This is the most in depth I can get what happened. So I was streaming rocket league for the past 2 hours when I noticed my ping jumped really high and my pc boots off. When it turned off I looked at the glass panel and my rgb ram was still lit so I unplugged the cable from the psu. Next off I booted it on to be greeted with nothing only a couple red lights on my motherboard which is normally rgb. I tried a couple more times to boot it on after around 30 mins and nothing I even tried another cable jsut incase but nothing. I really hope it hasn’t broken anything.
I’ll try in the morning but if not I’m gonna try the psu with my old mobo. The best situation would be if the psu didn’t work and hopefully it hasn’t killed anything else.

Note I did upgrade my cpu, mobo and ram a month ago but it’s been fine up to this point.

Thanks

Barty1884

Titan
Please post your full system specs.

Could be PSU, could be any number of things. A random shutdown that won't restart is an interesting one, and the PSU is a logical place to look - but there may be other culprits.

When you upgraded, did you clean install Windows?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS