[SOLVED] Is my PSU dying

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
So when i was using my PC after few mins of turning it on it just freezes and my headphones made a buzzing noise and crashed. I pressed the reset button on my PC to restart it and my monitor showed no display but fans were on, so i decided to remove the GPU and try again and it turned on but again after few mins it froze an crashed again and when i tried to restart my PC my monitor said no signal. I put my GPU back in and now it finally booted with no issues so is my PSU dying?

Specs
Core 2 Quad Q6600
GT1030
4GB RAM
Frontech cheap PSU

So when i was using my PC after few mins of turning it on it just freezes and my headphones made a buzzing noise and crashed. I pressed the reset button on my PC to restart it and my monitor showed no display but fans were on, so i decided to remove the GPU and try again and it turned on but again after few mins it froze an crashed again and when i tried to restart my PC my monitor said no signal. I put my GPU back in and now it finally booted with no issues so is my PSU dying?

Specs
Core 2 Quad Q6600
GT1030
4GB RAM
Frontech cheap PSU

Not sure this is a PSU issue, freezing points to ram/cpu/gpu rather then PSU

if you have power cuts, that would be PSU

the 4gb ram, is it a single stick?

Not anything helpful it just says system shutdown was unexpected i even ran a RAM test using memtest and it showed no errors.
Regardless of what is causing your problem, you should replace that crap Frontech power supply. Yeah, it's that bad. Who knows, you could get lucky and it fixes the problem. Get an actual good quality PSU this time from a reliable, well known brand with a good warranty.

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
Regardless of what is causing your problem, you should replace that crap Frontech power supply. Yeah, it's that bad. Who knows, you could get lucky and it fixes the problem. Get an actual good quality PSU this time from a reliable, well known brand with a good warranty.
I will thanks and is there any software similar to memtest for CPU, GPU, HDD?

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
I don't think it has a time adjustment. It only takes a few seconds to get an idea of what it can do. Select a comparable reference CPU and only stress test a CPU if you're sure it has adequate cooling. I monitor core temps in realtime when doing this.
Ok one more question so few days ago my PC suffered a bsod and i viewed the dump files using bluescreenview and it said nvlddmkm.sys and ntoskrnl.exe caused the bsod, can a PSU cause this issue?

Ok one more question so few days ago my PC suffered a bsod and i viewed the dump files using bluescreenview and it said nvlddmkm.sys and ntoskrnl.exe caused the bsod, can a PSU cause this issue?
Sounds like an Nvidia driver issue.
  • Download newest Nvidia driver for your GT1030.
  • Download and install DDU.
  • Run DDU to completely wipe all nvidia drivers. System will reboot.
  • Install new Nvidia drivers you just downloaded. reboot system.

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
Only way to know for sure is to try another GPU.
Ok nvm it bluescreened the error was
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8800711B800
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601