Question Is my PSU dying?

Sep 17, 2021
A few days ago i downloaded GTA V and was playing it normally until the game and the whole PC froze on me. I could easily restart the PC so i did and continued playing thinking its a game related crash. As i started to play more and more the freezing was happening more often and i even noticed that my cpu temps would start going up and down by almost 10 degrees celsius while completely idle. I updated my drivers and tried to repair windows through the advanced windows startup but it even froze on me once there. After that it has been freezing more and more while playing other games or simply doing anything i have stopped turning it on due to the fear of a faulty PSU frying my other components. Its worth mentioning that the PSU is a 10 year old Cooler Master 600W PSU from an old pre built PC. There hasnt been any smoke or smells coming from it but i think i have heard it make some more noise even some days before the freezing started. Now almost as soon the PC reaches the desktop it freezes and needs to be turned off or reset. From what i have read here and elsewhere on the internet it should be the PSU but i just want to be a 100% sure its the PSU before going out and buying another one. Also when the screen freezes the computer never turns itself off but has to be turned off or restarted which can still be done with the power buttons on the front.

DSzymborski

Titan
The temperature is hard to say is a problem without knowing the temperatures or the equipment.

However, Cooler Master only sells a handful of decent PSUs and about zero of them would be in a 10-year-old prebuilt. But how bad, again, would require knowing what all this equipment is, from exact PSU to exact GPU. It's quite hard to even venture a guess since we know next-to-nothing about your PC.

Sep 17, 2021
The pre-built was bought 10 years ago or so and the only thing left from it is the case and the PSU. The temps for the CPU ranged from 30-35 when idle and never went over 70 while gaming. Same idle temp for the GPU but it only went to a max of 60-65 when gaming. The temp jumps were from a 35 to a 45 when idle and it would gradually increase and then decrease from that. I cant get much testing done for that temp jump since my PC now crashes almost immediately upon startup.
The build is:
CPU- AMD FX 8350 4 Ghz
GPU- AMD Radeon FX 570 8GBVRAM
Motherboard- ASROCK 970 PRO3 R2.0 AM3+
RAM- Two sticks of APACER 4GB DDR3 1600 MHZ RAM