Question Is my PSU enough for my build?

May 12, 2023
Cpu: 13700kf
Liquid cooler: Kraken 240rgb
Motherboard: Rog strix Z790-H
Ram: G.Skill 2x16 6400Mhz CL36 DDR5
SSD: Sn850x 1TB
Case: NZXT H5 Flow RGB
GPU: 7900XTX Sapphire Nitro+ (420TDP, gaming usage 440W)
PSU: Tuf gaming 850G.
Hello guys just finishing my build and in the end after i bought PSU 850W (which perfectly fits and enough for RTX 4070ti) i have decided to change GPU to XTX 7900 24GB which uses more power. Now i am not sure if my PSU enough?
Please help me with this if who has enough experience. Playing only 4k games, no overlocking or other stuff...
Ps. There were another options which use less Watt likeXTX 7900 like XFX Merc 310 (doesnt fit in my case with its Z support bar too long) and PowerColor Red devil (too risky to get variant with its annoying coil whine), so i had to take better oneNitro+, but with more TDP.

Now i am in hard situation, i already bought 850w, and to be honest its hard to sell it, even if i havent used it yet. Otherwise i need to buy second PSU, and wait for miracle till someone decides to buy from me, not from PC shops. I need to sell it 50% off, coz unboxed and thats sad. Will it be enough and safe if i run build with 850?

Last edited:
May 12, 2023
If you're asking me and what I'd buy for the build, then yes I'd get something with more wattage to have as headroom and to hold onto the PSU for a longer while as opposed to getting a PSU that's enough.
My situation is a bit harder, i already bought 850w, and to be honest its hard to sell it, even if i havent used it yet. Otherwise i need to buy second PSU, and wait for miracle till someone decides to buy from me, not from PC shops. I need to sell it 50% off, coz unboxed and thats sad. Will it be enough and safe if i run build with 850?

IDProG

Distinguished
My situation is a bit harder, i already bought 850w, and to be honest its hard to sell it, even if i havent used it yet. Otherwise i need to buy second PSU, and wait for miracle till someone decides to buy from me, not from PC shops. I need to sell it 50% off, coz unboxed and thats sad. Will it be enough and safe if i run build with 850?
It's enough, though you won't get the best efficiency.

A PSU is most efficient if it is at around 50% load. For example, a 850W PSU is most efficient if your system consumes 425W power.

Learn to undervolt your CPU and GPU.

Reactions: Yankee_4tm