[SOLVED] is my PSU enough for RTX 2060?

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Hi, my PSU is a Seasonic Focus GM Gold 550 Watts, Semi Modular. Is it enough for an RTX 2060?
psu is brand new.

other components that the pc has are..
all parts brand new, except for the cd drive which I obtained at a korean second hand goods store.

Cpu: i5-10600K
SSD: Transcend 480GB
Cooler: Cryorig M9 Plus
one generic cd drive

have already solved temperature and ram problem on new pc. Thread for reference. https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-ram-suggestions-for-my-board-please.3760553/

now, I just need to know if the PSU can handle an RTX 2060 with this setup, before getting a gpu,

Last edited:
Solution
Pretty tight fit in terms of wattage, but it should work. Its a good quality unit so that should give you some brownie points. Better avoid OCing, as the CPU can touch 175w on OC.

CmdData

Commendable
Jun 14, 2021
Looking online at the power consumptions of both of the high-watt compontents shows your CPU's TDP is 125w and your GPU measures peak power at around 160w so together that'd consume 285w. Worst case is that your power supply has efficiency of 80% so your effective wattage is 440w. It might be a little tight with a lot of drives or cd drives but it should work. Needless to say if you're considering upgrading anything in the future a PSU upgrade would definitely be in order.

Reactions: Tac 25

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
thanks for the answers @CmdData and @Hellfire13 .

and I never overclock anything, so there's no danger from that.

glad to know I managed to get a decent PSU. Was asking at the store for a Seasonic GC 550, but they ran out of stock.. the store guy said that the Seasonic GM 550 Semi Modular is also good.. so purchased it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CmdData