Question Is my PSU enough to run a GPU

Apr 29, 2022
I have a corsair cv 550, and i was wondering if its enough to run a 1660 super or an rx 6600

The rest of my specs are, ryzen 7 5700g, msi b550 pro vdh wifi, 16 gb ram, intel 660p, cooler master hyper 212 (one fan) and no case fans

Apr 29, 2022
It's enough according to what the manufacturer says.

But it doesn't hurt to use a more powerful PSU (like a 650W).

BTW, why don't you install a case fan? Do you leave the case open?
when i first built my pc i was planning on only using the igpu so i didnt bother to get case fans, but i dont know if itll do much of a difference since my case airflow is pretty limited (corsair carbide 175), but if do get a gpu ill get the case fans, but will it be enough to not cause random shutdowns and such?

May 30, 2022
when i first built my pc i was planning on only using the igpu so i didnt bother to get case fans, but i dont know if itll do much of a difference since my case airflow is pretty limited (corsair carbide 175), but if do get a gpu ill get the case fans, but will it be enough to not cause random shutdowns and such?
I know of someone who uses a 3060, i5-10400f, 8gb ram with a 550 watt psu so maybe but I would recommend going to a better power supply.

Even if you don't hav the GPU, a good airflow is still recommended to make other components (CPU, RAM, chipsets, VRM, SSD, HDD...) run cooler.