[SOLVED] Is my PSU enough?

Solution
I would be really cautious about using this PSU. Sentey's one of those brands that has a very wide range of PSUs, running from scary to awesome. On the high-end side, they had a lot of Super Flower-made PSUs at the highest efficiency levels.

This one...is...uh...not on the high end. Given the really depressing +12V specs, the age, and its manufacturer a really obscure small company called R-Senda, I would not be optimistic. I hadn't even heard of the manufacturer and had to look it up -- which is pretty unusual at this point -- but I did find a reference from @jonnyguru talking about R-Senda using a fake UL. Maybe he can shed some light on this one.

(Sorry to ping you, JG, but while it looks like garbage to me, I'd hate to...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
It is enough, and for the 6+2 pins you can just slide them together it's not hard. Just make sure to slide them dont just put them side to side.
Not sure about it, it has only 420watts on both +12V rails combined, makes it a very low quality option to me. Putting 600 on there when it really is at best a 450watt psu kinda worries me.
Specs say it could/should work, but if any troubles look for something better.

Reactions: JadeHarley

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I would be really cautious about using this PSU. Sentey's one of those brands that has a very wide range of PSUs, running from scary to awesome. On the high-end side, they had a lot of Super Flower-made PSUs at the highest efficiency levels.

This one...is...uh...not on the high end. Given the really depressing +12V specs, the age, and its manufacturer a really obscure small company called R-Senda, I would not be optimistic. I hadn't even heard of the manufacturer and had to look it up -- which is pretty unusual at this point -- but I did find a reference from @jonnyguru talking about R-Senda using a fake UL. Maybe he can shed some light on this one.

(Sorry to ping you, JG, but while it looks like garbage to me, I'd hate to completely rag on something that I only suspect is so rather than I know)

Last edited:
Solution