[SOLVED] Is my PSU enough?

iMatty

Respectable
Mar 14, 2019
Not sure where to put this honestly, but currently i have the 650W G2 supernova from EVGA for 4 years so far and no problems ever happened since i bought it (thank god).
So currently am running i5 9600k without OC and 2060 RTX.
So a friend of mine had extra money and he is going to buy a 3080 RTX for a local shop here with a cheap price from MSI, and he decided to give me his 2070 SUPER.
My question is, is my PSU going to be enough to run this GPU? obviously i will not be overclocking anything only thing that is overclocked is my RAM by XMP profile.

Thank you in advance.

DSzymborski

Titan
Not sure where to put this honestly, but currently i have the 650W G2 supernova from EVGA for 4 years so far and no problems ever happened since i bought it (thank god).
So a friend of mine had extra money and he is going to buy a 3080 RTX for a local shop here with a cheap price from MSI, and he decided to give me his 2070 SUPER.
My question is, is my PSU going to be enough to run this GPU? obviously i will not be overclocking anything only thing that is overclocked is my RAM by XMP profile.

Thank you in advance.
Your PSU should be fine. A good quality 650W can handle it well and you have an excellent one.

Though if you eventually put in something like a 3080 yourself, you will need to upgrade at that point.

Look up your exact model of 2070 online and see what the manufacturer recommends for the minimum acceptable PSU. I typically will add 100w to that recommendation but if your PSU is a quality unit you can do fine with the recommended size.

jayjr1105

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
You are fine as is. GPU will use 250 max while gaming and your CPU and rest of the system will use 100-150 for a total of 400w. You are fine.

DSzymborski

Titan

Thank you in advance.
Your PSU should be fine. A good quality 650W can handle it well and you have an excellent one.

Though if you eventually put in something like a 3080 yourself, you will need to upgrade at that point.

ASK THE COMMUNITY