[SOLVED] Is my PSU enough?

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Not sure where to put this honestly, but currently i have the 650W G2 supernova from EVGA for 4 years so far and no problems ever happened since i bought it (thank god).
So currently am running i5 9600k without OC and 2060 RTX.
So a friend of mine had extra money and he is going to buy a 3080 RTX for a local shop here with a cheap price from MSI, and he decided to give me his 2070 SUPER.
My question is, is my PSU going to be enough to run this GPU? obviously i will not be overclocking anything only thing that is overclocked is my RAM by XMP profile.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
Not sure where to put this honestly, but currently i have the 650W G2 supernova from EVGA for 4 years so far and no problems ever happened since i bought it (thank god).
So a friend of mine had extra money and he is going to buy a 3080 RTX for a local shop here with a cheap price from MSI, and he decided to give me his 2070 SUPER.
My question is, is my PSU going to be enough to run this GPU? obviously i will not be overclocking anything only thing that is overclocked is my RAM by XMP profile.

Thank you in advance.

Your PSU should be fine. A good quality 650W can handle it well and you have an excellent one.

Though if you eventually put in something like a 3080...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Thank you in advance.

Your PSU should be fine. A good quality 650W can handle it well and you have an excellent one.

Though if you eventually put in something like a 3080 yourself, you will need to upgrade at that point.

Solution