Question Is my PSU failing?

zalex820

Honorable
Jun 6, 2014
Completed a new build and noticed that during the boot screen it only shows 1 m.2 and if I power off the PSU and turn it back on I start showing 2 again . Also I get a lot of crashing freezing and slow performance until I reset the PSU. Do i need a new PSU or could it be the MOBO or something else?

Before resetting PSU

after resetting PSU

CPU looks to be bouncing around tj max and possibly throttling is the first thing i see. This could cause performance issues.

What CPU cooler do you have? What is the make and model of PSU?

Click on the errors and see what they say.

zalex820

Honorable
Jun 6, 2014
CPU looks to be bouncing around tj max and possibly throttling is the first thing i see. This could cause performance issues.

What CPU cooler do you have? What is the make and model of PSU?

Click on the errors and see what they say.
I have a custom hard tubing water loop that servicing CPU and GPU 16mm tubing with 480mm rad that I think is overkill. PSU is a EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W G2 . CPU block

Something may be wrong with your loop. As for what, i dont know much about custom loops.

Your 8700k should never be hitting close to 100c with a 480mm rad and custom loop. The fact that the CPU is bouncing off of 100c indicates thermal throttling lowering performance and making performance unstable.

I do see your CPU is running somewhere around 5ghz, so maybe overclocked. Try clearing the overclock to see if the throttling stops.

zalex820

Honorable
Jun 6, 2014
Something may be wrong with your loop. As for what, i dont know much about custom loops.

Your 8700k should never be hitting close to 100c with a 480mm rad and custom loop. The fact that the CPU is bouncing off of 100c indicates thermal throttling lowering performance and making performance unstable.

I do see your CPU is running somewhere around 5ghz, so maybe overclocked. Try clearing the overclock to see if the throttling stops.
Yeah I agree but that wouldn't explain one of the m.2 not being recognized during boot unless I turn the PSU off and on.

zalex820

Honorable
Jun 6, 2014
I appreciate all the feedback and I will definitely look forward to addressing the temp issues but does anyone know what would cause my m.2 issue? I have no idea where to lean with this one.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS