Is my PSU faulty?

pleb

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
My power supply is a CX600M, my motherboard is a msi 970a-g43
Recently, upon closing games or doing something that spikes the cpu will freeze the computer but never shut it off (never had lightning strike issues as I have a battery backup).
But what scares me is that I have a wired mouse that lights up when powered, even when the pc is off, the mouse is still lit. When I flip the switch on the psu, after about 5 seconds the mouse ends its light. I flip the psu switch back to on and the mouse lights up even though the pc is off...
I always recall my mouse led cutting out the second my pc is off.

Should I get a new psu? Are my parts likely already damaged and need to get a new one?

Solution
Yes, get a new PSU. It was not intended to be used as you describe. It is a Tier 4 PSU which says, "Built down to a low price. Not exactly the most stable units ever created. Very basic safety circuitry or even thin gauge wiring used. Not for gaming rigs or overclocking systems of any kind."
PSU tier list 2.0

A previous post even mentioned that the PSU wiring caught on fire when overloaded.
Yes, get a new PSU. It was not intended to be used as you describe. It is a Tier 4 PSU which says, "Built down to a low price. Not exactly the most stable units ever created. Very basic safety circuitry or even thin gauge wiring used. Not for gaming rigs or overclocking systems of any kind."
PSU tier list 2.0

A previous post even mentioned that the PSU wiring caught on fire when overloaded.

Solution