Question Is my PSU faulty?

Nov 25, 2021
Hey guys, this is the first time I’ve ever used this forum but I’ve been having really annoying PC problems ever since I built it about 3 months ago, so I figured maybe I’d start asking questions instead of prowling other threads for similar issues.
Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B550M Bazooka
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: RX 6600XT
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
PSU: EVGA 600 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 600W, Semi Modular

I’ve noticed that I keep getting Kernel Power Event 41 in my Event Viewer, a problem that’s plagued me since I first built my PC. I have tried reinstalling windows, updating my BIOS, reseating the power connectors into motherboard and gpu, using different outlets, all of that. None of that has worked. In addition to this all, it runs somewhat stable, except when I try to run a high power task (like run a graphically intense game). What makes it more likely to be a power supply issue is that when I put my power plan onto power saver, it ran stable, but when I changed that back to balance, it started crashing more. In addition, I tried used OCCT to run a PSU stress test, which only worked for about 5 seconds before my system crashes. Same with a CPU stress test, but all other stress tests seem to work just fine. I think this occurs because it seems like my CPU takes more wattage under stress than my GPU, but I could very well be wrong.

So, what do you guys think? Faulty PSU? Something else entirely? Because I’m lost and this issue has plagued me ever since I built my first PC, and it’s really sucky when I can’t use something I worked hard to pay for and built.

If there’s anything else I should try that I’m not aware of, I’ll be willing to try it.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Edit: forgot to mention, but a reply reminder me to say this. This is the first time I’ve ever built a PC and I wouldn’t call myself a pro at it

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021
What's the exact model of the Corsair Vengeance LPX?

RAM is installed in slot A2 and B2?

Did you enable XMP in the BIOS?

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600 MHz (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V Desktop Memory - Black (CMK16GX4M2D3600C18)

Yes I have them installed in those slots. I remember because I had to double check

I have disabled XMP. I’m running my RAM at 3200Mhz because that’s the maximum speed I can run it at without it crashing like crazy.

that’s the maximum speed I can run it at without it crashing like crazy.
But it's still crashing. How does it run on native speed? Native speed op the RAM is 2133.
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600 MHz (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V Desktop Memory - Black (CMK16GX4M2D3600C18)
What version number? The version number is written on the sticks, next to the voltage.