Is my PSU good enough for upgrade to RX 580

vince5190

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2012
Processor: i3-6100
GPU: GTX 1050TI >>>> planning to upgrade to Sapphire RX 580 ++ Nitro (Link below)
RAM: 8GB
PSU: Corsair VS550W
Motherboard: Asrock H110m-HDV

Hello currently thinking of upgrading to Sapphire RX 580 ++ Nitro, i have seen that the GPU was factory set to higher clock speed, so i was thinking does that makes this GPU to be considered as a "overclocked" card?

Will my current PSU fit? will i also need to buy liquid-cool my cpu if i buy this GPU?

link to GPU
http://sapphirenitro.sapphiretech.com/en/580-8.html

Solution
Those are better. If the CM Masterwatt is on your budget then definitely get that one.
Make sure is a Cooler Master MasterWatt since there area cheaper versions with similar names: Cooler Master MWE 550 and cooler Master MasterWatt Lite.
It's unlikely that it will fry your components but you might encounter issues (random freezes, shuts down, BSoD, restarts, etc.) that it will be hard to pinpoint.
Also that model has a higher failure rate the other models recommended above.

vince5190

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2012
I see, currently operating on a tight budget, however, do you think it's going to be safe for me to use this PSU for the time being ( until it fails)? . the PSU won't damage my other components if it fails right?

It will be hard to predict the behavior of a PSU that is not that reliable.
What's your budget for the PSU?

vince5190

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2012
I live in Indonesia, so I don't know if i can find the same exact dollar number for my budget, since the price will be different from my country to your country, but i suppose as an estimation, something around the same budget for my Corsair VS550?

vince5190

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2012
@Jojesa, found some power supplies within my budget! They are on Tier 4 according to the tier list, and they are bronze rated, do you think they're acceptable?

1. Power supply Antec NeoECO II 550W - 80+ Bronze Certified
2. Power supply XFX TS Series 550W 80+ Bronze
3. Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Bronze 550W Green Power - 550 Watt
4. Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 550W 80 Plus Bronze Modular

The fourth one really catches my eye, especially, considering its on tier 3, within my budget, and also modular,

whats your opinion on this?

Those are better. If the CM Masterwatt is on your budget then definitely get that one.
Make sure is a Cooler Master MasterWatt since there area cheaper versions with similar names: Cooler Master MWE 550 and cooler Master MasterWatt Lite.

Solution