[SOLVED] Is my PSU good enough?

May 18, 2022
I want to upgrade to an 6700 xt and u know the recommanded psu is 650w, but i am still worried that my Corsair CV650 won't be enough for it.
Am i just paranoid and it'll be okay or will there be problems?

Ryzen 5 3600 oc'd with PBO
32gb HyperX ram
ASUS TUF B550M-plus
ROG STRIX 1060 OC (for now)
250gb samsung 970 evo
2x 7.2k rpm Baracuda HDD's

Solution
CV is iffy. It's one of those psus that falls into the catagory of 'almost'. It's better than an Office psu, worse than a gaming built psu.

It's like playing basketball in low rise tennis shoes. Lot of ppl do it, it generally works out fine, but it's not a replacement for real basketball high tops with some ankle support.

Try it and see. It may just work out fine, no issues. Or you might get shutdowns when the CV can't handle spike recovery since it wasn't designed for such.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
CV is iffy. It's one of those psus that falls into the catagory of 'almost'. It's better than an Office psu, worse than a gaming built psu.

It's like playing basketball in low rise tennis shoes. Lot of ppl do it, it generally works out fine, but it's not a replacement for real basketball high tops with some ankle support.

Try it and see. It may just work out fine, no issues. Or you might get shutdowns when the CV can't handle spike recovery since it wasn't designed for such.

Solution
May 18, 2022

If it won't be able to handle it, then i 'll just downclock it a little till i buy a new PSU.
Thanks for your time.