Is My PSU Good Enought For MSI GTX 1050 TI Gaming X

Solution
It only has 20 Amps on the 12v Rail.

I would recommend replacing it before long, it's VERY old and way out of date for today's hardware.

That is a bad power supply, it is actually about a 260 watt unit, not 420. An easy way to tell is when the 12V rail amps are far from what the PSU states it is rated for. Most of the high power draw things, video card, CPU, draw power from the 12V rail. Since the vendor of the PSU lists is at a 420 watt but counts the 3.3 and 5 v rails towards that for half of the wattage, that is a huge flag the power supply is bad quality. You had to use an adapter for the video card, that is another sign of a low quality unit, no PCIe power.

You are lucky your system with the R7 360 in it did not fry the card and/or motherboard.

I'd leave the card as is, replace the PSU, then buy an upgraded card. Not only that, you did not list your CPU, your CPU may not even be good enough to match the 1050 Ti card.

If this was my money, I would not spend it going to a 1050 Ti from an R7 360, the 1050 Ti is better but I doubt it's better enough for you to spend the money on a new card.

thealextgm

Commendable
Oct 4, 2017

Any recomendations for a new Power Supply?

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30 GHz

TRENDING THREADS