nibir2011

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
My System is Following
1. CPU - i7 4790K
2. Mobo - ASUS Z97 PRO
3. GPU - AMD R7 260X Sapphire
4. PSU - Cooler Master G550M

My PC stopped suddenly, i tried the reset button several time but it did not work. So i opened it and tried the paper clip method of the PSU. The Fan Runs. So i thought maybe the GPU is in trouble. So i removed the GPU and it works.

However when i keep the GPU with the power cable removed as far as i understand the bios should start. However the cpu fan starts for a split second and stops.

I am using this setup for around 20 Months, and it was working fine. The parts above are in my opinion good quality. So is it possible that my GPU might have died. I mean it did not show any artifact. I feel that my PSU might not be giving enough power in the PCI express so that the GPU is not running.

My question is how can i check which of the part is the troublemaker, is it the PSU, the GPU or the PCI express slot in the motherboard. And can GPU die suddenly like that?

I can not return it as the warranty period is over. I dont have another PSU or PC to check the parts. :(

Please reply your suggestions

nibir2011

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011

In my country it is One Year (They created a syndicate to enforce it)

Do you have any suggestions. Right now it is not even starting. You can see from this video ( start at 4 min 23 second) that for one time the boot stops abruptly and then retries in my case it just never starts. No matter how many times i press the power button it starts and then stops abruptly

[video="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiUaPt-2504&t=4m22s"][/video]

I dont know what to do

I have done the following
1. Checked the GPU with another cpu+mobo+psu that PC does not start nor does it beeps or shows any error
2. Checked if my PSU can run another PC it runs the other PC perfectly
3. Checked if other PSU can run my PC, with GPU nothing happens, without GPU the systems starts then stops abruptly no beep no error q-code

TRENDING THREADS