[SOLVED] Is my psu health is low?

ariff.alon

Prominent
Jan 6, 2019
Hello everyone i ill try my best to explain my problem any help would be very helpful.

I have doubt with my psu(480w) health because it is very old version the one that pre built for windows xp pc. I pick it up and install into my custom pc. But my pc works just fine nothing seem off. Except my usb mouse not even light up but other devices such usb keyboard, wireless controller, and wifi adapter works fine and also even my other mouse which is wireless works fine. So i hv been thinking maybe its the mouse that have prolem but im plug in the mouse into my laptop and its work just fine and i even try to install the mouse driver and its still not working. The mouse that not working is logitech g103 .I make an assumption maybe my psu cannot give enough power to my mouse because of the rgb but idk.

Spec
AMD Athlon 200GE
ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0
DDR4 8 GB
GTX 750 ti 2 Gb
Windows 10 Home
Psu model : ATX-480w YUNSUNG
AC INPUT : 230 V 4.0 A 50 HZ

Last edited:
Solution
Im living in malaysia and my budget maybe around 100 myr.
Wow that is a very low budget. About the best I can see around that budget would be this. https://www.techhypermart.com/pc-pa...ctions-ovp-opp-otp-scp?sort=p.price&order=ASC
Typically I don't ever recommend Cooler Master PSUs, but with a budget so low there isn't much choice. I've never heard of the brand Armageddon and those are even cheaper. The Cooler Master Bronze V2 is much better than the Elite V3, but that isn't saying much. The first good PSU is the Corsair SF450 at 429MYR. Everything before that is pretty bad or old. The Seasonic S12II is old and group managed as is the...
Hello everyone i ill try my best to explain my problem any help would be very helpful.

I have doubt with my psu(480w) health because it is very old version the one that pre built for windows xp pc. I pick it up and install into my custom pc. But my pc works just fine nothing seem off. Except my usb mouse not even light up but other devices such usb keyboard, wireless controller, and wifi adapter works fine and also even my other mouse which is wireless works fine. So i hv been thinking maybe its the mouse that have prolem but im plug in the mouse into my laptop and its work just fine and i even try to install the mouse driver and its still not working. The mouse that not working is logitech g103 .I make an assumption maybe my psu cannot give enough power to my mouse because of the rgb but idk.

Spec
AMD Athlon 200GE
ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0
DDR4 8 GB
GTX 750 ti 2 Gb
Windows 10 Home
Psu model : ATX-480w YUNSUNG
AC INPUT : 230 V 4.0 A 50 HZ
If I found the correct PSU, that power distribution looks like what it would have been for the old Athlon XP. 200W on the 3.3V & 5V rails and 330W on the 12V rail. That is so old it should never be in a modern computer. It is a fire hazard and should be removed right away. What is your budget for a new PSU and in what country?

ariff.alon

Prominent
Jan 6, 2019
If I found the correct PSU, that power distribution looks like what it would have been for the old Athlon XP. 200W on the 3.3V & 5V rails and 330W on the 12V rail. That is so old it should never be in a modern computer. It is a fire hazard and should be removed right away. What is your budget for a new PSU and in what country?

ariff.alon

Prominent
Jan 6, 2019
What do you mean by fire hazard am my other hardward would be damage what is the worst case thats might happen.

Wow that is a very low budget. About the best I can see around that budget would be this. https://www.techhypermart.com/pc-pa...ctions-ovp-opp-otp-scp?sort=p.price&order=ASC
Typically I don't ever recommend Cooler Master PSUs, but with a budget so low there isn't much choice. I've never heard of the brand Armageddon and those are even cheaper. The Cooler Master Bronze V2 is much better than the Elite V3, but that isn't saying much. The first good PSU is the Corsair SF450 at 429MYR. Everything before that is pretty bad or old. The Seasonic S12II is old and group managed as is the M12II Evo. Those were good back in 2012 or so but the power management now isn't the best. The Corsair SF is a modern design.

Reactions: ariff.alon
Solution
What do you mean by fire hazard am my other hardward would be damage what is the worst case thats might happen.
That PSU is so old and being used on new components that it could cause an electrical fire. It is a danger to use a 15+ year old PSU in a modern computer. The power delivery is different now, there are no protections from over voltage, under voltage, etc... As I said earlier it could cause a fire at worst, at best it dies and takes out all the components.

Reactions: ariff.alon

ariff.alon

Prominent
Jan 6, 2019
Typically I don't ever recommend Cooler Master PSUs, but with a budget so low there isn't much choice. I've never heard of the brand Armageddon and those are even cheaper. The Cooler Master Bronze V2 is much better than the Elite V3, but that isn't saying much. The first good PSU is the Corsair SF450 at 429MYR. Everything before that is pretty bad or old. The Seasonic S12II is old and group managed as is the M12II Evo. Those were good back in 2012 or so but the power management now isn't the best. The Corsair SF is a modern design.
I see thank you very for your suggestions really appreciate it

ariff.alon

Prominent
Jan 6, 2019
Is 300w enough for my system