Is my PSU ok with the new GPU?

Joseph Locicero

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
It works fine and the gpu is really good but nothing seems to be wrong exept the gpu is a bit loud which is normal (i have an r7 250x=amd 7770) So anything wrong? and how do i tell if anything is wrong?

Solution

If your PSU was overloaded you would generally have problems with it failing catastrophically or if it's really near it's limit you might experience problems like your machine shutting off randomly or seemingly strange unrelated blue screens as the PSU fails to provide clean power.

If it's just working like normal then you are probably fine. Also, as Pr3di mentioned, if you have questions about your PSU it might be wise to actually mention what PSU you have.

Edit: That should be fine, I ran a semi-similar setup with an i3-530...

Traciatim

Distinguished

If your PSU was overloaded you would generally have problems with it failing catastrophically or if it's really near it's limit you might experience problems like your machine shutting off randomly or seemingly strange unrelated blue screens as the PSU fails to provide clean power.

If it's just working like normal then you are probably fine. Also, as Pr3di mentioned, if you have questions about your PSU it might be wise to actually mention what PSU you have.

Edit: That should be fine, I ran a semi-similar setup with an i3-530 and 5770 off of an Antec EarthWatts 380 for a couple of years and it didn't ever get much over 220 watts from the wall or so. I suppose it depends on your whole setup, but if you aren't noticing any issues then you shoudl be good to go.

Solution