Honorable
Mar 11, 2017
Hi, i have a 450 W PSU and my curently specs are :
i5 4460
8gb ram
amd rx 560 2gb
1 tb hdd
250 GB ssd
I want to upgrade my specs and buy a gtx 1060 3 GB and add another 8 RAM but im not sure if my PSU can handle the new components, help?

Solution
The Corsair CV units are just a glorified version of the VS series. Not a good unit, IMHO. The TX650M get's my vote from this list:
or any Seasonic unit,
but has to have 650W if you plan to upgrade past the GTX1060. If you plan to stick with the parts you have, 550W will do you plenty. Again, more wattage will mean you holding onto the PSU for a longer period of time and allow you to drop in more hardware down the road.

Lutfij

Titan
450W is the wattage, it does not state the make and model of the unit. We will also need to know the age of the unit, since the older a PSU gets the lower it's effective power output for the entire system. Furthermore, a badly built PSU will blow up and take out more than just itself, rather the entire system or worse, your house(and maybe your lives=read a fire).

vtmB10

Honorable
Mar 11, 2017
450W is the wattage, it does not state the make and model of the unit. We will also need to know the age of the unit, since the older a PSU gets the lower it's effective power output for the entire system. Furthermore, a badly built PSU will blow up and take out more than just itself, rather the entire system or worse, your house(and maybe your lives=read a fire).
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/nD3qBr0

this is the PSU

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
That is an unbranded piece of Chinese crap and should be removed and tossed in the garbage as soon as you are able.

Please purchase a 650W or better PSU from a reputable brand such as Corsair, Antec or Silverstone

That is an unbranded piece of Chinese crap and should be removed and tossed in the garbage as soon as you are able.

Please purchase a 650W or better PSU from a reputable brand such as Corsair, Antec or Silverstone

I wouldn't say that this PSU is crap until I can take a look at the inside.

I've worked with some no-name PSU with very high-quality parts, they have everything you might want on a branded PSU like Active PFC, temperature controlled fan, modular cable connectors and even a pair of 3-pin fan headers.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019

I've worked with some no-name PSU with very high-quality parts, they have everything you might want on a branded PSU like Active PFC, temperature controlled fan, modular cable connectors and even a pair of 3-pin fan headers.

Are you sure those parts are made out of clean materials; have you checked whether it was radioactive or not? :ROFLMAO:

bignastyid

Titan

All the signs point to garbage. 220v only, deceptive advertised wattage. In all likely hood just a relabeled generic PSU.

vtmB10

Honorable
Mar 11, 2017
They gave it to you or did you buy it? I wouldn't just stick anything into my PC, especially if the component was given to me for free.
i took the pc to service because the psu fan was broken and they said they changed my psu because it was faulty, i only paid the service i didnt know what PSU they gave me

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Your new PSU proposal seems to be over aboard. 500-550W is likely to be enough.

You also want to check if the voltage is enough; search up your component parts and add all of the voltage/ 'V' together.