Question Is my psu turning the right way?

Jul 11, 2019
Hey i built a computer a week ago it works fine and all but now i have started wondering maybe my psu is facing the wrong way the fan is taking air from within the case and not outside the case i am not too concerned about it since i have 2 front intakes running at around 1100rpm so plenty of cool air but can i actually turn it around to take air from outside the case? The psu is Corsair TX550m Gold and btw the reason i think it is turning the right way is because the 'logo' is turned that way
66412528_443306693117810_1919092761965887488_n.jpg

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
You can use it either way.
As long as you have it sitting on wood (like a desk) and not on carpet then you can turn it so the fan draws air in from the bottom or just leave it like it is.
The way you have it, it will draw air from inside the case which is Not a problem, as long as you have good airflow to keep the inside of the case fairly cool.
I have mine with the fan facing up like yours and it is Not an issue for me.

Reactions: Maelboy
Jul 11, 2019
Update i turned the psu upside down and the 'text' is showing the right side when you flip the psu noob mistake but thanks for the help! and it even sound like my psu is making a little less noise now than before just tested gaming my graphics card also cools down a little better than before maybe the psu stole much of the air from the graphics card i suppose or else something else

Last edited:
Reactions: DMAN999