[SOLVED] Is my PSU W enough for my new GPU

Nov 20, 2020
Hello today I ordered gigabyte radeon rx 580 8gb but is my PSU W enough to power it? Im using M-Tech MTE-600W and my pc specs are Intel I5-8400, ASUS PRIME H310M-K, 16gb ram, 1 SSD KINGSTON 240gb, 1 HDD TOSHIBA 1TB and one side fan(normal fan). I did some calculations and everything should be fine but again is it enough?

Solution
NO go.
The specs show 276w on the +12v where modern graphics cards and
processors need it. This is an old style psu which delivers power on the 5.5v where processors used to need it.

Unfortunately, the RX580 cards are power hungry, needing both a 8 pin power @150w, a 6 pin power@75w and pcie slot power @75w totaling 300w which is more than the psu can deliver.
I would send the RX 580 back in favor of a more modern card that will use less power.
GTX1650 super is in the same performance class and uses half the power.
Nov 20, 2020
Last edited:
NO go.
processors need it. This is an old style psu which delivers power on the 5.5v where processors used to need it.

Unfortunately, the RX580 cards are power hungry, needing both a 8 pin power @150w, a 6 pin power@75w and pcie slot power @75w totaling 300w which is more than the psu can deliver.
I would send the RX 580 back in favor of a more modern card that will use less power.

Solution
Nov 20, 2020
NO go.

Okay wait I really want to use it and can afford to wait longer can u recommend psu that will do the job?

(edit) actually nah will return it thx for the support

Last edited:
I do not know your prices or where you might shop.

Consider a quality power supply as a long term investment.
They do not easily go obsolete.
I would look for a 750w unit.
That is enough to power any modern graphics card.
A psu will only use the power demanded of it, regardless of the max capability.
Buy only a quality unit, tier 1/2 on a list such as this:
I like the Seasonic focus units with 7 or 10 year warranties.