Is my R7 250 dead? Help this poor man

Jan 25, 2019
Okay so I have a old computer its a gateway GT3212m, very old desktop I believe it was released back in 2006 or somewhere close to that. So I had a weird idea and I wanted to slowly but surely use that old PC and eventually upgrade everything until its a completely different system.

The specs for this pc are the following:

Gateway Cortez G3 Motherboard 4006106R
Geforce 7300 LE
350 Watt Power supply
Intel Pentium D
3 GB of DDR2 RAM
500GB Hard Drive

The PC works fine and it actually had a Geforce 7300 LE. So I thought the first move was to buy a graphics card in this case it is an r7 250. When I finished removing all of the old 7300 LE drivers and installed the r7 250 I got no signal coming from the graphics card, I thought it just needed the drivers but the AMD drivers didn't FIND any AMD hardware. So I uninstalled it and installed on a newer PC (lenovo h430 from like 2012) but still no signal and no AMD detected. So I went on to install it on my every day custom system that has 2015 components and a GTX 750 TI, but no signal either. The fans are spinning on the graphics card but no signal at all, is this graphics card dead?

Do take in mind that after I removed the r7 250 I reinstalled the geforce 7300 LE and worked fine same goes with the quadro 600 and the GTX 750 TI so I don't think it has to do with BIOS updates or external power from the power supply because it doesnt have any

Im still kind of new to PC building especially on the AMD side plase help me learn more about whats happening

Jan 25, 2019

Yeah I did even tried different cables and even some adapters just to make sure it wasn't the cable going wrong

Jan 25, 2019

yeah I think youre right besides I tried the Quadro 600 on the old machine to see if it was the power supply or motherboard but worked like a charm, thanks for the help bro