Is my ram bad?

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I have 6gb 3 channel g. skill ram. I think it is bad. I know ram is one of the most common components to fail. It failed in my old PC, and my brother's PC. For like the first week I had my PC, my PC crashed once while playing Max Payne 3. After that it got worse. A few day ago it was crashing every three or so hours in Max Payne 3. When I was on the last chapter of the game it was crashing about every thirty minutes. I was thinking maybe Max Payne 3 was just not a very stable game. But now I start up Half life 2 and it crashes within 15 minutes (this includes the main menu, I sat in the main menu for a while). But then it worked on half life 2 for about an hour and a half with no problems(I had to get off) after it crashed the first time. Sometimes I get blue screens sometimes I don't. But should I test more games before asking for to get it replaced or should I just return it now?

D

Deleted member 217926

Actually if RAM works right out of the box it is very unlikely to ever fail. Run memtest to be sure. For 6GB I would run it at least 8 hours ( ovenight ).

http://www.memtest.org/

List your hardware. Anything overclocked?

Have you checked your temps?

Any recent hardware changes?

cybersheep

Honorable
May 6, 2012
ram is most likely to fail out of the box but as the above poster mentioned if it has been working it is unlikely to fail. For me memtest didnt pick up on my bad ram even after running it for 6 hours because my ram failed while under load and memtest does not load the ram that much. Try running prime 95 and check to see if u get an error, then google the error, it will most likely mean bad ram