Question Is my ram bottlenecking my CPU? BF1 1% low and 0.1% low are quiet a lot lower than average FPS?

Nov 8, 2022
View: https://imgur.com/a/eJGarZG

From the image here, you can see that my BF1 1% lows and 0.1 % lows are so much lower than the average FPS.
My Overwatch is better, the 1% low and 0.1% are not as bad

Is the benchmark here normal for my Ryzen 7 7700x?

My system build:
CPU: Ryzen 7 7700x
CPU Cooler: Bequiet Dark Rock 4
Motherboard: MSI x670 Pro WIFI
GPU: RTX 3070
Ram: Corsair Vengence DDR5 6000Mhz CL36
PSU: Corsair RMX 1000W
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Wouldn't be worried about %lows if performance whilst playing is generally pretty good. Yes it got to lowest fps at some point but when and how long for is the question. Might've only been a miniscule millisecond when it was detected but if it'll be noticed at all whilst playing might be difficult. Could be anything really that could have caused that, perhaps data fetching from cpu or data moving around between cpu, ram and gpu. But usually there's no or very limited data loading during ingame benchmarks so maybe cpu is sneakily snoozing somewhere. Or differences in game engines. Minimum fps is better interpretation along with your visual experience.

Im only guessing cpu might be sleeping on the job but you can try something in power plan in Windows to see if that changes anything. Say balanced with 10% minimum processor state.

For a 3070 at that res, thats about what I'd expect to be honest, them lows 1% and 0.1% lows really don't mean too much as a scene change can drop it, dying in that game I do know messes with frame time for a sec which can be shown in the lows.

Thats kinda why I hate the 1% and 0.1% low measurements, it confuses more anything and dosn't show scene changes, big spikes can be seen and means stutter with a graph and a reviewer can explain its a scene change, rather than picking a number thats not the lowest (1% low). but I do understand why they don't use avg fps anymore, its kinda meaningless as a game could be a stutter fest but still provide great numbers.

Reactions: boju
Nov 8, 2022
For a 3070 at that res, thats about what I'd expect to be honest, them lows 1% and 0.1% lows really don't mean too much as a scene change can drop it, dying in that game I do know messes with frame time for a sec which can be shown in the lows.

Thats kinda why I hate the 1% and 0.1% low measurements, it confuses more anything and dosn't show scene changes, big spikes can be seen and means stutter with a graph and a reviewer can explain its a scene change, rather than picking a number thats not the lowest (1% low). but I do understand why they don't use avg fps anymore, its kinda meaningless as a game could be a stutter fest but still provide great numbers.
Interesting, thanks for letting me know!