[SOLVED] Is my RAM broken?

qrobertw

Prominent
May 3, 2019
Hello, I recently saw in my computers settings that I was running single channel memory, even though I have two sticks of RAM. I decided to fix it by taking out and reinstalling the RAM. s. When I reinserted then, the pc booted, but the monitor showed no display. A light lit up on my mobo that indicated there was a problem with my RAM. However, after countless times taking out and reinstalling them, I’m starting to grow hopeless. Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Reactions: Bassplate
Solution
I cleaned my sticks, and put a flashlight on the slot. Neither seem out of the ordinary. I too think the RAM might be damaged, but then again, 2 days ago it was working fine, just single channel.
I would suggest you try to use only one RAM stick per time and per slot to see which RAM stick is faulty or which RAM slot is Faulty(For an example...insert only one RAM stick in the A2 slot then boot up.If your system boots up you know that RAM stick and the A2 slot is working fine.Now that you know your A2 slot is working use you secondary RAM stick to test it in the A2 slot....IF your system then boots up with you secondary RAM stick in the A2 slot you know that both your RAM STICK ARE WORKING FINE)
Then you do the exact same step...

qrobertw

Prominent
May 3, 2019
Check the slot properly is there any type of component present there like dust, bug or anything or maybe your ram is damages
I cleaned my sticks, and put a flashlight on the slot. Neither seem out of the ordinary. I too think the RAM might be damaged, but then again, 2 days ago it was working fine, just single channel.

Reactions: Bassplate

Bassplate

Reputable
I would suggest you try to use only one RAM stick per time and per slot to see which RAM stick is faulty or which RAM slot is Faulty(For an example...insert only one RAM stick in the A2 slot then boot up.If your system boots up you know that RAM stick and the A2 slot is working fine.Now that you know your A2 slot is working use you secondary RAM stick to test it in the A2 slot....IF your system then boots up with you secondary RAM stick in the A2 slot you know that both your RAM STICK ARE WORKING FINE)
Then you do the exact same step with the B2 slot.... :benetton::benetton::benetton:
post-115561-0-27400300-1418873226.jpg

And if both your slots are working(A2 and B2)and both your RAM sticks are working....you can just carefully reinsert your RAM sticks one by one.(For an example Insert primary RAM stick in A2 slot then boot up then check in BIOS if you see your full memory stick gigs or megs.Then shut down then you insert your secondary RAM stick in your B2 slot then boot up in BIOS and check if you see your secondary RAM stick gigs or megs then you are ready to go)
try it and let us know

Last edited:
Solution