May 1, 2021
The Problem:
The problem started 1 months ago when I started to play Witcher 3. My PC would get unusually hot like 80+ degree Celsius. And after 2-3 hours of gaming it would crash saying "CPU Overheated". But after restarting, everything would work just fine. It was going well until I relocated to a new house. In the first day, I played the game for 3 hours without any problem except overheating. But in the next day after playing it for 30 minutes, my monitor started to glitch green things a little bit. It was still working fine. I forgot to close the game after I went out of home. I came back after 1 hours and my PC was turned off. As it turned out, my mother directly switched it off without shutting it down. I restarted it and my monitor was showing "Out of Range" error. After a bit of tweaking, I reduced my PC resolution. And it was working fine. I thought that faulty driver might have been the culprit. So I uninstalled the driver and changed my resolution to normal. But it was still showing "Out of Range" error.

Next day, I went to the PC repair shop. The dude said that the VGI port was working fine. But the HDMI port has some problems. He further added that all the wires connected to my HDMI port were ruined and he had to fix them from scratch. I started to use my PC again. And it was working just fine until I started to play games again. As it turned out, my display would show various green patterns, hang and turn off. But my PC was still running. After restarting my startup screen would show green patterns around it too. And I would get blue screen of death sometimes. I once again went to the shop and the guy uninstalled and reinstalled the ram. Magically my PC was working fine again. I stress tested it and it had shown no sign of problem.

I went to my home and tested it. It was working just fine again! I could play games without any problem. So I happily went to sleep after playing some games. But after waking up, I turned on my PC but my monitor was showing nothing and saying "No Signal". I called the repair guy. He said that my ram was faulty and recommended me to uninstall and reinstall my ram. It magically worked once again. After doing it, I was able to navigate my PC without much problem. But after playing a bit of games, it would repeat the same green patterns all over my display and monitor would shut down. And I could not navigate my PC until I uninstalled and reinstalled my ram.

I was thinking about the overheating issue. And it came to my mind that I never clean my PC. Maybe dust is causing the heat buildup. So I bought a Blower and I blew the living hell out of my PC. After I turned it on, it was working just fine until I started to play games. And I had to repeat the same process for fixing it. I even tried to underclock my GPU. But I could not fix my overheating. I guess it might have to do with my inexperience as I never even tried to overclock my PC.

After a few days, while I was randomly surfing the web, my PC froze and repeated the same behavior. I was surprised to say the least. I opened my case and touched the ram. I could feel that it was super hot! I never expected it to get this hot while randomly surfing the web. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. But it did not work this time. I used an eraser and cleaned my ram and it magically started to work again! Now it has been working for sometimes. I have played some games without any issue. I almost always set my fan speeds to 100% before opening any games. I used Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and found 0 error. But I did not dare to play Witcher 3 again as the problem may reappear.

My Spec:
Graphics Card: XFX AMD RX590 Fatboy 8gb
Ram: G-Skill TridentZ 8gb 3200mhz RGB edition
Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard: MSI Bazooka

Questions:
  1. Is my ram causing my display problems?
  2. How is ram related with display problems?
  3. Why does cleaning my ram with eraser magically solve this problem temporarily?
  4. What are the ways that personally helped you in reducing your PC heat?
  5. What is your preferred settings for underclocking RX590?
  6. What is your preferable mhz for using ram without overclocking?
*As the description of the problem is too long, I have bolded out some important parts for reading convenience.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age as well as the model for your MSI Bazooka motherboard. Are you on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS version are you working with? Ideally you should be on version 20H2. During the reinstallation of the GPU drivers, did you use DDU and the latest drivers from AMD's support site? You should install any and/or all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

May 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age as well as the model for your MSI Bazooka motherboard. Are you on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS version are you working with? Ideally you should be on version 20H2. During the reinstallation of the GPU drivers, did you use DDU and the latest drivers from AMD's support site? You should install any and/or all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Thank you! I really appreciate your reply. Here are the infos that you have asked for.
  1. PSU: Antec NeoECO 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Rated Power supply, Model: NE550M
  2. PSU age: 3 years
  3. Motherboard: MSI B450M BAZOOKA PLUS AM4 AMD ATX Motherboard
  4. No, I don't have the latest BIOS version. I googled it a bit and after reading some answers it seemed like it is risky to update BIOS and I should only do it if I really need to. But if you recommend me to do it, I may try it.
  5. OS Version: 20H2
  6. Yes I have used DDU and latest drivers from AMD site.