[SOLVED] Is my ram compatible with x570 and Ryzen 3600x ?

Gedikpasha

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Hello,

I'm about to upgrade my CPU from r5 1600 to 3600x and from MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon to MSI x570 Gaming Wifi Edge. The problem is my RAM is not listed in x570 Gaming edge wifi compatibility list (Corsair Lpx Red 3200mhz CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R).

So do i need to change my corsair ram or it will be fine ? If it is safe i could stay with my B350 mobo.

Thank You.

Solution
Even if it's not on the QVL more then likely it will work, try it and if you run into issues then sell it and buy a kit from the QVL however I doubt there will be issues as they've greatly improved memory compatibility since the first generation.

The motherboard doesn't appear to have a BIOS update for the 3rd gen CPU's so you'll want to either grab the X570 or a B450/X470 if you want to save some money.

WildCard999

Titan
Even if it's not on the QVL more then likely it will work, try it and if you run into issues then sell it and buy a kit from the QVL however I doubt there will be issues as they've greatly improved memory compatibility since the first generation.

The motherboard doesn't appear to have a BIOS update for the 3rd gen CPU's so you'll want to either grab the X570 or a B450/X470 if you want to save some money.

Solution