_sleepwalker

Commendable
Oct 8, 2019
First of all, hi
So i have a custom build with one stick of HyperX Savage 8GB 1600mhz CL9 ram, and i bought another ram stick ..all the same.
When i first put them in the pc my pc booted, but it was showing only 8 gigs of ram instead of 16.
I thought the new stick doesn't work , i tried them in every slot, one by one. Both of them were working.
I put them again in dual channel mode again,no results still showing 8 gigs,then i tried them again one by one and now my OG stick is not working anymore, my pc doesn't boot with it. Just a black screen and all the lights in the pc on.
Any fix?
Thanks
EDIT: Fixed,i restarted the BIOS to default settings, and used the XMP profile on the ram, set the frequency in bios to 1600 and it worked.
Overclocking might have something to do about it.

Last edited:
First of all, hi
So i have a custom build with one stick of HyperX Savage 8GB 1600mhz CL9 ram, and i bought another ram stick ..all the same.
When i first put them in the pc my pc booted, but it was showing only 8 gigs of ram instead of 16.
I thought the new stick doesn't work , i tried them in every slot, one by one. Both of them were working.
I put them again in dual channel mode again,no results still showing 8 gigs,then i tried them again one by one and now my OG stick is not working anymore, my pc doesn't boot with it. Just a black screen and all the lights in the pc on.
Any fix?
Thanks
What system ? did you reset CMOS between changes ?

nope, i didn't but i had no socks and i did it on wood so..i don't think that s the problem here.
That's too bad.

You have to ground yourself before touching any electronic components (touching exposed metallic surface on pc enclosure would be enough)
and avoid touching metal contacts on ram modules. Failing to do so can lead to electro-static discharge destroying sensitive electronics.

_sleepwalker

Commendable
Oct 8, 2019
If your motherboard has 4 slots have you tried the preferred slots for 2 sticks outlined in the motherboard manual?

This may end up just being a problem with mixing RAM that is not a matched kit seeing as both sticks work individually.
Yeah they're in the outlined slots , they're exactly the same thing

_sleepwalker

Commendable
Oct 8, 2019
That's too bad.

You have to ground yourself before touching any electronic components (touching exposed metallic surface on pc enclosure would be enough)
and avoid touching metal contacts on ram modules. Failing to do so can lead to electro-static discharge destroying sensitive electronics.
it's not that, there s no way that could happen