Is my RAM or motherboard at fault?

RubbingAlcohol

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016
As a a starter im sorry if I dont make alot of sense, Im quite new to building pc's.

I just built a new gaming rig yesterday and all was going good until I powered the machine off, Upon trying to turn it back on all the fans started spinning but I got no video output the the moniter. I did all the routine checks (make sure everything is seated correctly, check for something causing a short etc)

Something I have done is everytime I take out a stick of ram (WORKS THE SAME WITH EACH STICK) and put it in another slot the pc will boot, Again when I turn it off it won't boot again, Something I have saw is take out everything but the cpu, psu and mobo to hear the "beeps", The problem is I dont hear any beeps as I dont think my mobo has a speaker?

This does not make much sense but I hope someone understands, Here are my specs anyway
MOBO: Gigabyte Z97P-D3 (BIOS F8)
CPU: i5-4690k
RAM: 2x4 Corsair Vengance 1600hz
PSU: Corsair CP-9020097-UK VS550 ATX/EPS Vs Series 80 Plus
HDD: Western Digital CB 1T

Solution
does it boot up/shut down/boot up successfully only using a single stick of ram ?
if so, try the other stick and perform same test.
Try all 4 ram slots separately each with a single stick.
If both work ok as a single stick, then maybe the sticks are not matched.
Did you buy as a matched pair ?
It looks like there is a BIOS F9b (a beta version) which fixes memory compatibility problems, but you might want to wait for the proper F9 when it gets released
does it boot up/shut down/boot up successfully only using a single stick of ram ?
if so, try the other stick and perform same test.
Try all 4 ram slots separately each with a single stick.
If both work ok as a single stick, then maybe the sticks are not matched.
Did you buy as a matched pair ?
It looks like there is a BIOS F9b (a beta version) which fixes memory compatibility problems, but you might want to wait for the proper F9 when it gets released

Solution