Question Is my Ram slot broken?

Dec 16, 2021
I recently built a new PC and I've been having some issues with one of my ram slots. After finishing the build i went to download Windows onto my SSD but every time it would crash. I figured it was a ram problem and I took out one of ram sticks and the installation went perfect. When I put the stick back in the computer wouldn't even post, but when I would move the same ram over to the other 2 ram slots it worked perfectly.

I really don't want to have to RMA this board and I'm fine using the two slots that work but is there anything I could do to assure that its actually the motherboard that's faulty?

is there anything I could do to assure that its actually the motherboard that's faulty?
if trying two different modules in the same DIMM slot causes the same issue then it's more than likely just a bad slot.

while the system may work using A_1 & B_1 instead,
this damaged DIMM slot can be a sign of other manufacturing issues or physical damage to the board.
i would RMA for replacement from manufacturer or return for refund from retailer.

also make sure that this RAM package is actually officially supported by the board manufacturer
by checking the product support page QVL.