[SOLVED] Is my ram speed too slow and should i enable XMP profile?

May 30, 2020
I am running an r5 3600 with 16gb of 2166 ram. Is this ram speed too slow, or should i think about getting 3200 ram? Will that make a difference in my primarily gaming pc?

Another thing is should i enable XMP profile on my current set up as i've been running stock for as long as i remember.

Solution
KHX2666C16/8G and b450 Mortar Max
Double check that memory model, I think that it is probably THIS ONE. If so, it is compatible at 2666MHz according to the MSI QVL at the timings on the product sheet. Just click on compatibility on the left and select the RX-3000 button (Matisse).

You don't really get a huge boost from faster memory as it is only a small part of the whole system. If you can run what you have at 2666 that would be best.

RealBeast

Titan
I am running an r5 3600 with 16gb of 2166 ram. Is this ram speed too slow, or should i think about getting 3200 ram? Will that make a difference in my primarily gaming pc?

Another thing is should i enable XMP profile on my current set up as i've been running stock for as long as i remember.
Please post your complete memory model number for a good answer. Also, what motherboard model are you using?

RealBeast

Titan
KHX2666C16/8G and b450 Mortar Max
Double check that memory model, I think that it is probably THIS ONE. If so, it is compatible at 2666MHz according to the MSI QVL at the timings on the product sheet. Just click on compatibility on the left and select the RX-3000 button (Matisse).

You don't really get a huge boost from faster memory as it is only a small part of the whole system. If you can run what you have at 2666 that would be best.

Solution