[SOLVED] Is my Ram speed too slow?

Patrick1264

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
Don't know how to post the image but when I look at the memory tab on CPU-Z I see two frequencies, the "uncore frequency" which is 4300mhz and DRAM frequency which is 1500 mhz. My memory is rated for 3000mhz, do I look at the DRAM frequency as my memory speed? Why is it slow?

Solution
Don't know how to post the image but when I look at the memory tab on CPU-Z I see two frequencies, the "uncore frequency" which is 4300mhz and DRAM frequency which is 1500 mhz. My memory is rated for 3000mhz, do I look at the DRAM frequency as my memory speed? Why is it slow?
Uncore frequency is the frequency of the non-core parts of the CPU, like for instance cache, and memory controller. It's also known as ringbus frequency. If your RAM has 1:1 divider with controller, it's frequency should be same as base memory frequency. or at least an even number multiplier of it.
You also have DDR (Double Data Rate) memory and CPU-Z shows it's single rate frequency (real frequency it works at) so you have to multiply that number wit 2...
Jan 22, 2021
I'm far from an expert with this stuff but are your BIOS settings configured to the correct memory speed? I hope I'm making sense with this; in the BIOS there are various settings and for your memory you can change what speed it's running at.

Uncore frequency is the frequency of the non-core parts of the CPU, like for instance cache, and memory controller. It's also known as ringbus frequency. If your RAM has 1:1 divider with controller, it's frequency should be same as base memory frequency. or at least an even number multiplier of it.
You also have DDR (Double Data Rate) memory and CPU-Z shows it's single rate frequency (real frequency it works at) so you have to multiply that number wit 2 to get effective RAM frequency.
So, everything as it should be.

Solution
Jan 30, 2021
I also have the problem the uncore frequency is showing 798Mhz and dram frequency is showing as 1596Mhz at cpu z...sometime the uncore frequency shows 1596Mhz...is it to worry about?