[SOLVED] Is My Razer Gaming Hardware Good Enough or Should I Upgrade Them? (Razer Gaming Hardware Advice Needed)

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
Like many PC gamers out there, I was impacted by the global GPU and CPU shortage that hit the gaming PC industry late last year. Around Black Friday of last year, I purchased most of my gaming PC components and peripherals when at the time it looked like the shortage would be resolved in the first quarter of this year. Unfortunately, as you likely already know, we are still experiencing GPU and computer chip shortages. My current gaming PC desktop will need to be replaced in the near future due to its age. I am considering as a 1-2 year interim solution buying either a Gaming laptop or laptop that is capable of handling PC games. Depending on how the chip shortage turns out next year, I will wait until Nvidia releases the RTX 40 series GPUs and AMD releases the RX 7000 series GPUs. If the shortage is either resolved or is reduced to an acceptable level, I will purchase either GPU [e.g. RTX 4070 or RX 7800 XT (assuming that is what they are called)]. I plan to play different types of PC games. They include point-and-click games like the classic Indiana Jones games, MMORPG games like Star Wars: The Old Republic, FPS games like the remastered Mass Effect and Crysis trilogies, and more recent game releases like Star Wars Squadrons and Jedi Fallen Order. The gaming peripherals that I bought from Amazon on Black Friday of 2020 were all Razer and were either in new or certified renewed condition. Only one of the mice, which I bought a few years earlier, I held on to, since there was no newer version of it at the time I made the purchases. Now, I am not an expert on all gaming PC peripheral specifications, so I am asking for your advice. I am considering the possibility of buying newer versions of the Razer peripherals that I bought this coming 2021 Black Friday if there are newer versions available. If not or it turns out that their is not much of a difference between the newer and previous models, then I will hold on to what I have at least until I am ready and able to build a new gaming desktop PC. With the exception of loading customized gaming presets for the keyboard and gamepad and changing the light and display colors to a color of my choosing, I do not do much else with the gaming hardware peripheral settings.
My questions are:
  1. Are there newer versions of the peripherals that I have?
  2. If yes to question 1, is there much of a difference between my current version(s) and the newer version(s)?
  3. Will Razer still provide software and gaming support for the hardware that I currently have for the long term (e.g. 2-3 years)?
  4. Should I replace any or all of my Razer hardware peripherals or should they be good enough to meet my gaming needs for the next 1, 2, or 3 years (depending on how long this PC chip and GPU shortage lasts)?
Here is a list of my current Razer peripherals:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MVM94LY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082G5BDNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YQKS4B5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L54P9HR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0788MCRGC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Do they all still work fine now?

Why replace hardware that works still?

I generally try to make mouse/keyboard last at least 5 years. If they break before then I don't buy same brand again. Funnily only brand on that list now is Razer.

tartarus is if anything losing features each version as they have no competition and bought out their competitors. Regressing in quality as you have no choice anymore.
1 & 2. I don't know, probably changed tiny bits to justify new versions.
next question - probably support hardware for at least 3 years. That is in way of Synapse that is more like a virus than driver software.
Last question - my previous statements show my answer. I would only upgrade a mouse or KB if it broke or you got a really good...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do they all still work fine now?

Why replace hardware that works still?

I generally try to make mouse/keyboard last at least 5 years. If they break before then I don't buy same brand again. Funnily only brand on that list now is Razer.

tartarus is if anything losing features each version as they have no competition and bought out their competitors. Regressing in quality as you have no choice anymore.
1 & 2. I don't know, probably changed tiny bits to justify new versions.
next question - probably support hardware for at least 3 years. That is in way of Synapse that is more like a virus than driver software.
Last question - my previous statements show my answer. I would only upgrade a mouse or KB if it broke or you got a really good deal. I updated to a Corsair RGB KB last year, my previous Logitech G910 mostly still worked but had 1 broken key I hardly used. I didn't have to upgrade but I had recently got my PC which has Corsair RGB in it and the software was easier to use than Logitech's was.

Solution

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
Right now the gaming hardware peripherals are still in their manufacturer packaging. I decided not to open them or any of my other gaming PC parts and components packaging in case the GPU and/or CPU shortage crisis continued. Depending on how long the crisis lasts, I assumed that I could recoup more money by selling any of my current components after buying either newer versions of those components or components from a competitor that are both better in terms of quality and performance and reasonably priced if the current components are still in their manufacturer packaging.