Question Is my RTX 2080 causing these crashes/BSODs?

lua

Feb 11, 2020
Hi there,

In July I bought a new pre-built PC to use for gaming and streaming with the following specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080
RAM: (4x) Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (which for some reason is at 2133MHz)
MB: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS ATX
PSU: Corsair CX750 (750W)
HDD: 1Tb Toshiba DT01ACA100
SSD: 512Gb WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0

My problem

Whenever I am around 5-20 minutes into playing a game (such as Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege) my monitor will go black and say 'No HDMI input', the fans of my GPU will go crazy, and the audio of the game will continue, keyboard inputs still work because I can hear my character moving when I use WASD.
This leaves me unable to do anything else, other than turn the PC off manually. When I turn my PC off manually, and try to turn it back on, it sometimes doesn't turn on immediately and my GPU RGB lights up while pressing the power button and after around a hundred milliseconds turns off again. The crash can also occur while stress-testing either CPU or GPU. I've been having this problem for around two months. When a crash happens and I try to pull out the HDMI cable and put it back in, there wont be a response.

Just in case, my Monitor is: MSI OPTIX MAG241C
I am using the HDMI cable that came with the monitor.

What I've tried to no avail:

Listening for a beeping noise on startup from my MB. (There was none)
A different HDMI cable.
Updating all drivers.
Resetting MB BIOS settings to default.
Formatting all hard drives.
Flashing MB BIOS.
Reinstalling Windows.

I am completely stuck, my friends and I can't tell what's going on and I keep hearing different things.
I am personally convinced this is a hardware issue with my GPU, but I am not sure what's wrong.

EDIT: To add onto my problem, my GPU and CPU speed both fluctuate even when idle.

Last edited: