Question Is my RTX 3060 Faulty?

npdcenterpsych

Honorable
Aug 29, 2017
Hello, I recently got a EVGA RTX 3060 XC as an upgrade to my 1060. The card was working fine for a week or so and suddenly my PC crashed and when I restarted it, there were purple lines all over my monitor as Windows was starting up. Once windows was open the lines were gone, but the resolution was stuck at 800x600 and I couldn't change it.

I tried DDU and reinstalling drivers and it didn't work, the purple lines came back as I was installing the new drivers. Also NVIDIA Control Panel gives me this error message "You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU". The fans on the 3060 aren't spinning either.

I don't have dedicated graphics but my PC seems to work with my old 1060.

Is this a faulty GPU and is there anything I can do about it?

Build:
Mobo: AsRock B350M Pro4
Cpu: Ryzen 5 1600
PSU: EVGA 750 BQ, 80+ Bronze 750W
Ram: 16GB 3200Mhz

Thanks in advance, I may have to RMA.

npdcenterpsych

Honorable
Aug 29, 2017
it sure sounds faulty, the only way to be sure is to try that GPU in another system or vice versa to see if it displays the same behavior. based on what you're saying it sounds like you got unlucky and it happens. I'd RMA it

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have another system to test it in, but my old 1060 and even 970 work so it definitely seems like a faulty card.