[SOLVED] Is my RTX 3060 Underperforming because of my R5 1600?

Jul 3, 2022
As the title says I've recently gotten myself a new EVGA RTX 3060 12GB and it seems to be underperforming in the games I'm playing.

My specs are the following:
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
CPU : Ryzen 5 1600 (Stock cooler)
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHz
GPU: EVGA XC GeForce RTX 3060
Case: DEEPCOOL MATREXX 50 (90% certainty)
SSD: 1TB Western Digital 225 GB free
PSU: 650w Thermaltake SMART
3 Chassis Fans
Haven't touched BIOS except for turning on D.O.C.P. so my ram runs at advertised speeds.

Most games I play I'll experience low FPS and or light to major stuttering. In task manager games that are lagging will not be using all of my GPU, instead the CPU usage will be the same and sometimes even higher than the GPU usage.
Temps don't go too high either so what I'm wondering is if that what is causing this lack in performance is my CPU. Would a upgrade to something like a Ryzen 5 5600x be a good option to resolve this?

Please let me know if I should provide any more information and thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
Wouldn't say its worse but very very close to it. Previous GPU I had was a GTX 1060 3GB
Right.
You're getting about the same framrate, right?

The FPS is determined by teh CPU.
Eyecandy determined by the new GPU.

Put in a better GPU as you've done...you can turn up the graphics level, with the same framerate.

If you want more FPS, you need to change from the Ryzen 5 2600 to something better.
Jul 3, 2022
While there is some bottleneck most titles should be fine, That being said yes you will get more FPS if you upgrade to a 5600x.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apOXNBtdJ2M&ab_channel=HighFPS
When you say there is some bottleneck what do you mean by that? Taking a very intensive game such as Squad,
View: https://youtu.be/yAQLMTg5YNg
in this video a person with an RTX 3060 and a R5 3600 is able to get lets say around 90 fps, while when I try to play that game at any settings I get 50-60 FPS and a very laggy stuttery mess. I notice this trend in other intensive games too. Would getting a 5600x help in these intensive games (or really any game that I'm trying to not stutter in)?

D

Deleted member 362816

When you say there is some bottleneck what do you mean by that? Taking a very intensive game such as Squad,
View: https://youtu.be/yAQLMTg5YNg
in this video a person with an RTX 3060 and a R5 3600 is able to get lets say around 90 fps, while when I try to play that game at any settings I get 50-60 FPS and a very laggy stuttery mess. I notice this trend in other intensive games too. Would getting a 5600x help in these intensive games (or really any game that I'm trying to not stutter in)?

Squad is optimized like complete and utter garbage so that game is not a good example to compare with.

USAFRet

Titan
Wouldn't say its worse but very very close to it. Previous GPU I had was a GTX 1060 3GB
Right.

Put in a better GPU as you've done...you can turn up the graphics level, with the same framerate.

If you want more FPS, you need to change from the Ryzen 5 2600 to something better.

Solution
Jul 3, 2022
Right.

Alright, thanks!